New day hospital opens in Centurion.
Full article: Beeld_21 June 2016
A highly specialized day hospital recently opened its doors in Gauteng. The Centurion Day Hospital received its license early May after a final inspection from the Gauteng Department of Health. This intimate hospital is situated in the heart of Centurion, close to Unitas Hospital and consist of 20 beds 2 theaters and one procedure room. There was a drive and focus to create an excellent day hospital where doctors and patients needs were at the center.
When visiting Centurion Day Hospital you can expect excellent service delivery, front end technology, a friendly hospital environment, affordable surgery, negotiations on patient co-payment, outstanding medical care, world class staff and a child and patient friendly environment.
The aim is to provide all patients, big and small, with a positive hospital experience. What is a day hospital? It is a hospital where smaller day procedures are executed and patients don’t stay overnight.
The procedures include:
- Certain surgical procedures
- Ear, Nose and Throat procedures
- Dental surgery
- Eye surgery
- Maxillofacial & oral surgery
- Cosmetic surgery
- Orthopeadic surgery
- Endoscopic procedures
Worldwide up to 60% of all surgical procedures can be carried out in a day hospital.
Why should you ask your doctor to carry out procedures on you or your child in our day hospital?
- Minimum disruption to patients’ lives because the procedure is done the same day. No patient stays overnight which leads to speedier recovery times.
- The administrative staff will assist doctors and patients with pre-authorizations for surgery
- Centurion Day Hospital offers very competitive rates and in many instances reduced and negotiable co-payments making much needed surgery possible for many patients.
- Reduced hospital costs are beneficial to patients and medical aids as in the long run this can assist in curbing escalating medical aid contributions. More cost effective alternative than acute hospital admission.
- Patients report that they find day surgery procedures to be positive hospital experiences as they do not stay in the hospital for more than a few hours and find the environment friendly and not so threatening.
- There is a reduced risk of infection as day hospitals treat healthy patients.
- Special focus is placed on creating a child friendly environment. Our special play areas, friendly staff and gift packages will ensure our little patients, mom and dad will have a positive hospital experience.
Easy to reach:
The Centurion Day Hospital is easily accessible from all major highways and the Centurion Gautrain Station for the convenience of doctors and patients from the greater Tshwane area, Gauteng and neighbouring provinces. This beautiful hospital is situated in a quiet neighbourhood overlooking the N14 and Gautrain rails. While waiting on the patient, family and friends can visit Coffee@Bits & Bites for tasty snacks and good coffee. Free WiFi is also provided.
The services of a dentist as well as office space is available for prospective occupants.
The expenses at a day hospital is much lower than at an acute hospital which leads to great savings on medical costs.